Thursday, September 30, 2004

Gettin' hitched N'awlins style

No, no, I did not get married. But my cousin did. I was down there last week for the happy event. Nasreen & Rob got hitched, and they did in style! Nasreen looked absolutely gorgeous, of course. And Rob could not have looked happier. After the ceremony, the two surprised us (and the rest of the wedding guests) by leading us (along with a jazz band!) on a parade through the streets of the French Quarters. Everyone came out--from bars, restaurants, apartments, stores--to watch as we waved our white handkerchiefs and danced to the jazz through the streets. It was so much fun! People were snapping pictures & whisteling & congratulating the newlyweds.
The getaway to New Orleans gave me a chance to reconnect w/my sis & her girls. It was a great girls weekend! We shopped, watched movies, drank (well me & my sis anyway and I did and said things that I don't recall, made phone calls I vaguely remember--all on the good ol' Bourbon Street where you can buy huge ass beers, tasty drinks in tall green things all from a little window and hang around the street enjoying it), shopped some more, went for a dip on the rooftop, and managed to get in a little historic sightseeing too!

1 comment: