Tuesday, September 07, 2004

Creativity

I am craving creativity like some people crave chocolate. I need an outlet. I'm finding that I'm more & more attracted to creative types. "She fell in love with a drummer, another & another". I'm sorta into drummer boys right now. Well, one in particular. But it's unclear if he's into me--considering we've never met. No, despite the chosen lyric, I'm not in love w/someone I haven't met yet. Any suggestions on creative outlets? I'm open to just about anything...
This weekend I had some pre-wedding celebrations--a bachelorette party, a bridal shower. Sandwiched in between was a speed-dating event for Muslims, organized (or not so much, I should say) by an aunty. Obviously so, much to my dismay--there were too many moments when we were sitting there waiting for boys to come around. The most interesting thing about it were the spectators. Did you know speed-dating is now considered a spectator sport? We had parents watching, seeing who their beloved child paid attention to and who they thought should have paid attention to. As if the whole process wasn't uncomfortable enough. I got to meet about 24 guys and I learned all of their names, their occupation, their city of residence and that's about it, before the bell rang and they moved on to the next table of anxiously awaiting women. I remember one--and that only his career and city. I met some nice women--the ones that were sitting w/me at the table. I did not succeed in finding my $50 husband, much to my parents' dismay. Sorry mom & dad. The search continues.

No comments: