Friday, September 03, 2004

Where did the summer go?

I only started this blog thingy a month ago. At first I thought, who really cares what I have to say? I posed this question to a friend who said it doesn't matter--I do it for myself. I like that. My summer flew by--where did it go? It went to many, many street festivals, Sunday afternoons w/friends, to Texas for a wedding, to Indiana, to an outdoor film fest, a random hookup w/an ex (fun times?), to hanging w/a new baby niece, to a day spent with my favorite girl visiting from Iraq, to enjoying very happy times w/a friend right before she moved to NYC--here's hoping she's found her ladies who lunch, to drinks w/friends, to Spiderman 2, the Village, 24 hours of 24 (y'know the show w/Kiefer) sitting on the edge of my seat, to expensive car repairs, to dinner w/close friends, to a 5k walk for battered women, getting to know new friends, to the Millenium Park, and to serial dating online.

I was troubled by the fact that I've turned to this medium as an option for meeting people. But a wise girl told me, "it doesn't matter how you meet, just that you meet". So, I went on a few dates. One was bad, one was okay and one was great. But none of them went anywhere. As my 12-yr-old nieces told me on some pajamas--boys are stupid, throw rocks at them. Hope I don't hit anyone too hard in the head.

I want an extension on summer--I'm not done w/my love affair with it. Or with the city--that's for my bad date.

No comments: