Monday, January 17, 2005

Happy New Year

So, we're well into 2005 and my new year's greetings are a bit delayed. The last few months have been busy...Here's a quick rundown of what's kept me busy:

a part-time job at Crate & Barrel, where using my awesome discount, i collected some nice serving platters; hosted a tree-trimming party for my 6' tree, using the awesome platters; a dear friend visit from Iraq; a fun wedding in Chinatown where I met a boy who took me on a date, explained to me why he wasn't going to pay & then went in for a kiss (i think he read the wrong book on what to do on a date); the C&B holiday party in the ballroom at the Union Station, for which I got to dress up and where I danced with the CEO to Michael Jackson's PYT; went on another date where I had fun but the next day got a poem from the boy about how I've changed his world and realized that I want to be in an even exchange relationship; had Thanksgiving w/a wonderful friend who went all out with the turkey and all the trimmings; got sick, got better; celebrated Eid w/family, celebrated Xmas Eve & Xmas with family and friends in-town and from out-of-town and finally closed out the year with a bang of a New Year's party.

And now it's 2005. This year I didn't make any major resolutions. I think I'm going to attempt to read the classics, find a way to give back, to be more creative and to be a better family member (sister, aunt, daughter) & friend. Here's to the New Year!

No comments: